Monday 20 June 2011

Milestones

God willing tomorrow morning I will wake up having reached my 45th birthday, a milestone thought inconceivable when diagnosed on the 18th September 2008. I am useless at remembering dates, like the birthday of my mate of forty years who reminds me of the thirty eight times I have forgotten to send her a card, but that is one date firmly etched in my brain. I might just be sticking my two fingers up to MND when I make September and three years since diagnosis. That's my next milestone.
It's a glorious morning and the flowers are looking vibrant in the sunshine. I do get a great deal of pleasure from my garden and the birds.
Clearly wanting to ensure Dee is fully tested I had a little accident followed up with bringing back my breakfast via the tube, sorry. Just a little blip, had a shower, a good sleep and feel quite a bit better now.
Wendy my MNDA visitor came to see me with a balloon and card for tomorrow. And in a show of appreciation I fell back to sleep again, I'm so embarrassed when I do that. Sue has given me some paracetamol as my temperature is very slightly rising, and the only rising I want is for the occasion tomorrow.
I am about to get philosophical so please feel free to skip the next bit.
I believe in God and He has plans for us all. It is also said that He only takes the good young, and given the torment I dish out to wrinkles maybe I'm not old enough and that is why
I'm still here. Penny is a Hindu and believes that after this life we are reborn to a better
status if we do good in this life and that is what brought a Hindu from rural India into my
life here in Worcestershire. It was said the other day that I am a much nicer person now I am away from the police service, maybe that is true but also it might be the people that God has chosen for me to surround me on this journey that has a positive effect. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment