Tuesday 21 June 2011

Happy birthday

I am busting a gut to tell you what happened this morning. Having said no presents I have had beautiful cards and lovely thoughtful gifts. Hanging basket, bird feed, drinking chocolate, Waitrose vouchers, iTunes vouchers, a warm hooded top, DVD, picture, saying 'The best things in life are the people we love, the places we have been and the memories we have made along the way', a truncheon, a sea piano cd and hot water bottle, flowers and so much more But it is the book called Life that I want to share. As you do I randomly opened the book. Page 37 titled, Sent by God. (Feel free to skip the next paragraph.)
Sometimes I wish that God's daily plans for my life were obvious. I'd like to know what His current hopes for me are, where he is leading me next, what He would like me to avoid, what issue requires the most attention and what He'd like me to do tomorrow - in precise detail. But no such report is available and it's been noted that most of what God does, He does behind our backs. Every now and again we notice but most of His daily work in us is unannounced. God is at work even when we don't notice. The answer to my ponderings yesterday.
Sue from Bedford arrived crack, sparrow, fart, dawn this morning. Angeline noticed my pile of cards. She probably noticed the other pile I have, having given me the enema this morning. Angeline then massaged my feet and off to sleep I went.
Dee got me ready in my dress, flower in my spiked hair and of course the necessary slap. A girl has to look her best just in case. I was overwhelmed by all the people that turned up. My dad made a lovely speech thanking everyone for coming. We had our own beach, wave, surf boards and buckets and spades. It has been a fantastic day, thank you all so very much. Photos to follow.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment