Monday 27 June 2011

Super fast

Apparently it is going to be even hotter today, in which case I might just dispense with the hot water bottles. I must remind Penny to put some water and cans in the fridge for folks to have a cold drink. The window cleaners came today and readily accepted the offer of a cold cola. They spoke to me with a great deal of hand signs, high volume and slowly saying the words, bless them. I didn't bother explaining I was not deaf. Tomorrow the BT engineer comes to upgrade me to BT Infinity, fibre optic. Sue will be supervising, I don't cope so well with new people, places and situations. I'm comfortable and feel safer in my own home surrounded by everything I might need to hand and someone to talk for me with me just chipping in. It's a darn sight quicker as well.
I need a techno wizard to help me. I was given an iPod touch with a speech programme on it but the iPod is not sync'd with my computer. I have the option to erase and sync. I have the speech programme on my new iPad and pc, having purchased it, will that transfer to my iPod? I would hate to loose the program from the iPod but would also like to be able to update it.
Belinda is an absolute star. She read my book over to me and I have made her editor. She then sorted my cut flowers out, changed Ellie's things, took my cards down so I could read them all again and is now defrosting the freezer after the door had been left open and started to defrost. Without wiping off the excess water just closing the door has resulted in an ice cap that could sink the Titanic.

2 comments:

  1. Yay 45! Glad you had a good time, and I hope the fibre optic fitting goes well. I'll ask around regarding the iPod - certainly with a Mac there's no issue but PCs are a whole other kettle o' fish. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should be an option to 'transfer purchases from your iPod' in iTunes, which is worth doing before you do a synch. I think it's under the File drop-down menu. Otherwise, visit:

    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_touch_iOS4_User_Guide.pdf

    because this explains the process in Chapter 4. If that's not what you're after, the answer might lie elsewhere in this manual. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete