Wednesday 1 June 2011

Pinch punch we are now in June

I have chosen my going out clothes. I like getting dressed up as I spend most of my days in PJ's or nighties. It appears we are both right. Aesop's fables and the Indian tradition as represented by the Buddhist Jataka Tales and the Hindu Panchatantra share about a dozen tales in common although often widely differing in detail. There is therefore some debate over whether the Greeks learned these fables from Indian storytellers or the other way, or if the influences were mutual. Nora, my first live in carer was from Harare Zimbabwe and Penny is from Assam in India. It's a wonderful way for me to 'visit' these countries with my own Local tour guide.
Had a great day. Went to Kidderminster and sat in my dads wood shed with the wood burner going. It was lovely and toastie. We had lunch and marvelled at a superb garden. It was very pleasant nattering away and relaying stories of the goats my parents kept. Colin came for an hour up from Tavistock. It's always good to see him. He showed me an app that tells you the plane, it's destination, flights that month etc. I was initially impressed but on reflection please shoot me if I ever start tracking planes flying over head. I still love him lots, a great friend to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment