Friday 17 June 2011

A cheeky one

Nurse arrived at ten, always a relief. Then shower and back into a clean bed, there is just something very good about clean bedding. Dee was putting the sling on me and bopped my nose, in fairness I do have a big nose. I soon recovered with a cheeky one (which is a coffee laced with something alcoholic and fully endorsed by my GP.) I read yesterday's paper this morning and on page 13 of the Daily Mail is a headline, Genetic 'green light' could lead to a cure for hundreds of ills. It is still at an early stage but gives hope.
Looking forward to giving my dad an eucalyptus tree for Fathers Day, today when they come. We had a good afternoon together and amused myself while mum and dad played the game of treat and run by Ellie when trying to catch her to bring her in.
Today was the first day of my holiday. I was going to Fishguard but holidaying at home means no long journey, I can share my birthday with family and more of my friends and the weather is going to be naff in any case so definitely the right decision made. My mate, Sue from Bedford has a cold and unable to come up today as arranged, hopefully she will be ok by Tuesday and able to join us.
Dee is cooking lentils and it smells lovely. I was good and had rice milk,feed and lentil soup down the PEG today. Penny, if you are reading, you are being missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment