Sunday 12 June 2011

Sunday's

It's raining and is going to persist all day, so Ellie is confined to the house, but difficult to explain to a cat why. Not that she takes any notice of a word I say. I had a full face wash this morning from her, I was so relieved Penny brushed Ellie's teeth yesterday. Helping Hands, my care agency have been told that Ellie is a lovely cat and very friendly. I'm glad my reputation is not on the line for that statement. Dee, the replacement carer who arrives on Tuesday is not a cat lover. I'm quite sure Ellie is not the cat to change that opinion for her! I'm having this image again of Mama two shoes out of the Tom and Jerry cartoons, where Ellie is being swept along at the end of a floor brush by Dee. It's has the potential to be a CATastrophe. I love Ellie and her character is a great distraction for me and I wouldn't be without her. I'm grateful to Cats Protection for allowing her to stay with me.
Penny is definitely in need of a break and I know this because she accidentally dropped the shower head on to my knee, she towelled my dry hair and is wearing odd earrings and it's only 11 o'clock.
Peter came and gave me communion. Steve and Julie popped in with a great duvet set that matches the colour of my curtains and fat balls. Edith did lemon tea and Lesley popped by with bowls stories, it's the season for bowls even in the rain. A good day. X

No comments:

Post a Comment