Saturday 12 November 2011

What a great day

Sue and I got out today, only as far as Aldi. We needed fish for Ellie, milk, Advacaat and cheese...however we came out with a large bag 'a clinking'...for Christmas, we told ourselves. I have to say hello to Chris Knight and his gorgeous dog, molly the boxer. It was terrific to be recognised. I think people who know me don't see me in the wheelchair as it is out of context to how I was when I knew them. So thank you Chris, it made my day.
Last night we had a good drink of brandy (shingles pain still not gone). It went straight to my head and I told Sue I am not drunk, I was fine until I stood up! That was a fair clue to my state of inebriation. Made us laugh so a good thing.
Doing the lottery tonight for a change. Two scratch cards yielded nothing. No brandy tonight. Have downloaded a film called Precious to watch tonight.
A slight ammendment to my last... Dr Burrows can't give me any more pain killers as I have had my quota for the day so unfortunately I have decided brandy over face ache. The breaking strain of a kit kat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, looks like I have quite a bit of catching up to do with your blog! Your steadfast humour in the face of MND is awesome! (as the kids say!). I'll make sure I watch out for the next post. Oh, and fantastic effort with the ipad fund!

    ReplyDelete