Wednesday 18 May 2011

Being Realistic

Not feeling tip top today, lethargic after yesterdays adventures but worth it. I did have to laugh at Sue, my Mum and Dad all singing the praises of Morrison's and the good value the meals are, with a free coffee, they are pensioners, well I suppose I am as well, but they spoke like pensioners!
Josie, an ex work colleague popped in this morning. She has a very dim cat called Button and so Penny has coined the phrase, doing a button. Penny is from India and English is not her first language, so when she asked me 'how did I get to the Pensioner's garden party?', I answered, in my electric wheel chair and Bob (Bob is a Renault Kangoo with a drop down ramp and wheelchair straps) What she meant was how I ended up going to a pensioners party, 'ah invite from work.' According to Penny I did a button.
Back to being realistic...loading last years photographs reminded me of all the good times I had with family and friends. I am glad I did all that was within my capability at the time. I have cancelled my holiday to Pembrokeshire and an evening performance at the theatre as I don't seem to have the stamina any more. I'm not giving up but giving in to the realities of what I can achieve. I have an army of people who have helped me live with MND and make all things possible. I applaud each and every one of them. I am so blessed with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment