Sunday 29 May 2011

Happy Birthday Jill

Really enjoyed watching world class football last night, Messi is amazing. Busy morning, Bed change(oops), shower, my friend Gail arrived all the way from Goring, district nurse, who changed PEG dressing, looking lots better already, Steve, Peter, for communion and Edith. Gail and Edith gone off to garden centre. Steve brought his holiday photo's of the Lake District so will enjoy those. Is it me or is it very cold? I am sat in bed with gloves on (the ones Steve and Julie bought me for Christmas). I had no idea I would be wearing them in bed in May. I am on my own having a quiet moment. Penny has done the ironing this morning. My good friend Lesley may pop round later or tomorrow,which will be good. I think Ellie needs to go on a diet, she is getting quite big now. Might just have a doze. That was a very good sleep. Scrabble won't load which is a bit disappointing. My garden is such a lovely sight and Gail has worked so hard to conquer the bind weed. Ellie didn't attack Edith today. Told Gail the prawn story where Sue was given a dish of prawn curry by Penny. There was a whole prawn head so Sue politely asked if that is also eaten, so as not to offend Penny in any way. Oh yes says Penny we eat the head. Sue proceeded to crunch down on the prawn head exterior, managed to coheres the very long tentacles and took one almighty swallow to get the head down. It almost made me thankful for being nil by mouth! What Penny meant however is they suck out the innards of the head and spit out the shell. I will be laughing about that story until the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment