Wednesday 25 May 2011

Day Hospice

Edith has never done anything to Ellie but as soon as she see's her she goes in killer mode and attacks her toes with teeth and claws. I shouldn't laugh but it is very funny watching Edith dancing on hot coals trying to protect her toes. That was this mornings entertainment.
Every other Wednesday I go to day hospice at St Richards. I know one of the founders of the hospice, Aunty Jeannie. There are nurses and a Doctor on hand to look after any immediate problems. There are volunteers who do all manner of things to make it an enjoyable time for patients. Initially I was very resistant to being involved in the creative therapy, until Frans (artist and volunteer) came. Not sure how be he got me painting and making. Some of my original things were Tacky by Jacky but under his guidance I have slowly improved. Today I came home with a leather bound sketch pad, made by Frans for me. My contribution is to choose the colours and design when it is anything fiddly. The leather is scraps from the Morgan factory in Malvern, where my friend Nigel (MND) used to work.
When possible Sue comes and picks me up at lunchtime as I find the whole day a bit exhausting. I only used to sleep in the afternoon in any case. Sue came at lunchtime and we quickly swung by Waitrose to get some provisions (we were very restrained shopping for a change, in fact we had change from £25) and then for me straight to bed for an afternoon kip and warm up. I tried to do my blog but was so tired that I have come back to it this morning.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment