Tuesday 29 November 2011

Traditions

Penny keeps dropping things. In her culture that signifies a stranger will visit. Nothing so far and there was me getting all excited by a possible dark and handsome stranger. So I have had to convert Penny to British culture where dropping things means you are just clumsy.
A dark and handsome guy did arrive today and it is always a pleasure to see Colin.
Penny made Sue pocha tonight, beaten rice, potatoes and chillies, a very healthy meal. Penny's healthy eating and exercise is paying dividends. They have agreed on pigeon next week. I had that once in Spain, complete with a piece of lead shot. There's not much meat on a pigeon apart from the huge blighter I have in my garden scoffing all the fat balls.
I can't wait to introduce Penny to our Christmas traditions, starting with the advent calendar and the storybook, the Christmas mystery, in just two days time. I wonder what she will make of mulled wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment