Saturday 21 May 2011

Scrabble

Edith my 80 year old neighbour, who has been a stalwart, came back from her holiday with tales of a trail of destruction behind her, flooded bathroom, broken shower, broken curtain rail and more. Not called wrecker wrinkles for no good reason. Picture is of Edith misbehaving in The Range shop.
I had a game of scrabble this morning with. Jo We had a good game although she beat me hands down. I play on line with friends, James and Ali and Sarah K. Keeps my brain active.
AK Jones a community support officer popped in to see me this afternoon after the incident with the door knockers, to do the reassurance bit. We ended up talking about the good old days when we were both serving. Particularly those size 9 boots, moments. Like the victims of a burglary where the husband and wife both had a bad limp, the gentleman explained he did his on the rugby field, so the bobby looks at the wife and asks if she had been playing rugby as well, "No" she says "I had polio" I related that I have to laugh how many people ask me to give them a call or a shout. Had such a good giggle, I really miss that police humour, which probably makes me a bad person. I think it helps a lot being able to see something funny in most situations.
Ellie has spent all day outside and had sliced turkey for lunch, she is one spoilt cat.

1 comment: