Wednesday 8 June 2011

Basket weaving

When I first went to hospice I was adamant I was not doing any "basket weaving". However that was before Frans who I now need to introduce you to. He is the volunteer creative therapist at the hospice. He is a South African artist and not a more genuine chap would you wish to meet. He has supported and guided me through my creative projects and I'm indebted to him for getting me interested in the first place and proving to me that art is for everyone. Today I took my drawing I had started of Jacob's Blue Geranium and added the first bits of paint, so far so good. Sue picked me up at lunchtime and got me settled into bed, where I fell fast asleep after this mornings exertions. I feel really mean but I have put three people off from visiting this afternoon. The Nuticia PEG nurse, Kelly arrived and woke me up. She comes every so often to make sure everything is ok. Julie and Steve popped by (with chocolate mousse) on their way to see baby Mae. Going to put my feet up this evening. X

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, what kind words, and right after I stood you up for Sunday's garden hunting. Sorry again! no excuses.

    Anyway, if you're free and able the weekend of the 26th we can try again, this time I'll right the date on my forehead and the back of both hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While George was ill he kept promising me a lovely basket or tray from his trips to the hospice. He never did oblige and I would have liked a tray with a bit of bead work. He could have competed with his Auntie Jessie"s tray we got for a wedding present!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete