Saturday 11 June 2011

Keeping mum

I had the most gentle of wakings this morning. Little miss Ellie gently licked my nose with her rough cat tongue and odour of fish, I was soon brought to my senses. I had dreamt I was at work last night and working in the custody suite, posh name for the cells. I enjoyed my time as a custody sergeant but appreciate it is not everyone's cup of tea. It was a privileged job where with trust you gained access to the most intimate part of people's lives. I had started to write a book but prefer the blog instead. Ah talking of odour, since removing all dressings from my PEG I smell much better, thanks Tim. he is great district nurse and I feel very safe in his care. My mum and dad came yesterday and we had a good old natter and lots of tea. I then had a good sleep.
Jo and Lucy came today with the other clever mummy who gave birth to two exceptionally cute guinea pigs. It is a real treat to hold such a delicate new life. That squeaking noise they make just melts your heart. Edith came this afternoon for baby sitting duties, she makes the best lemon, ginger and honey tea. I'm so proud of her, an 80 year old mastering the PEG so she can give me a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment