Thursday 19 May 2011

Royal Wedding



My mum and dad at the royal wedding afternoon garden party in my summer house. It was a great day and good food and good company.
Had my hands and feet massaged by Pat the physiotherapist assistant this morning, absolute bliss.
MND might be the first to appear for searching purposes but I won't let it define me. I have however met really good people where our paths would not have crossed had it not been for MND, for that I am grateful. I have had a very active 42 years, going to fitness classes, running, swimming and vigorous house and car cleaning. I had a great career, just sorry not able to see it through to the end at 30 years.
Penny provides lots of entertainment, and today's is putting Ellie into her harness and taking her for a walk around the garden, only Ellie is quite happy to just lay down and watch the nesting starlings. More Ellie antics later, I'm sure.
My MNDA volunteer visitor comes today. She has been such good support and really knows a thing or two about MND. I enjoy Wendy's visits as we do have laughs and serious chats as is appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky
    Love the photo's. Reminds me of how much you have made the most of your precious time. You are such a shining star! Keep blogging. Dee XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dee for your kind comments, I will blog for as long as I can, you are my first and only comment but had some lovely emails from people.

    ReplyDelete