Saturday 31 March 2012

Quite a bit to tell you

I received my happy Easter card from Joan and Ian (sir) old habits die hard he was my inspector when I was a fresh faced, very keen newly promoted Sergeant, happy days.
Mary, the creative therapist gave me a new sketchbook and I have quite enjoyed myself drawing Ellie.
Sue took penny and I to Bromsgrove. Penny's choice. I needed a new battery for my mobile. I couldn't get into the shop because of a step so sue signed to me that it was £24 I signed back no way, we got it for £20. Baby blues win again.
Penny was worried she would stand out and therefore be stared at. To be fair she had no reason to worry, the guy in stockings and a fur coat in the charity shop got all the looks and the village idiot took a liking to me and wouldn't stop staring, his eyes nearly popped out when sue gave me a drink.
Mum and dad came Friday. Dad finished off the gate repair.
Ellie had us both up at five thirty this morning, which actually was a bonus as I got a drink of tea.
I had a letter from the department of works and pensions saying I was not fit to work. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. I was happy I didn't have to go for assessment but quite sad about the reality. Penny and I were thinking of jobs I could and couldn't do, call centre would be tricky as would a stacker at tescos, I could do the middle shelves and penny do the rest. I have decided to be a good listener and friend instead, I can do that. And I now get a ten pound bonus at Christmas.
Sue filled bob up because of the fuel crisis that isn't actually a crisis at all but did raise quite a bit of revenue in taxes. Am I being a little cynical? Sue asked Penny whether she gets British humour, oh yes she says, it's always at someone else's expense. We fell silent for a minute and then had to agree.
I am looking forward to having visitors again after my quarintine.

No comments:

Post a Comment