Monday 19 March 2012

Penny

Let me introduce you properly to my live in carer, Panchali. She is younger than me by at least eleven years, maybe more but birthdays and birth certificates are not the definitive article in India. Penny was educated in Christian schools in India but is a devout Hindu. This is a good time to tell you about Trump, a black cat that visits daily. Penny saw the cat trying to get Ellie's biscuits through the cage of the rabbit run. Sue gave him some biscuits which he ate very quickly and was clearly hungry. Penny feels that Trump is reborn and is someone she knew in a previous life and owes him something, so has bought Trump his very own bag of cat biscuits.
Penny has a wicked sense of humour which I love. Today's gem was, what does douchbag mean? I've no idea, wash bag maybe? Look it up says penny so I did. Oh my goodness I can't repeat this, where on earth did you hear such language? (I'm not repeating it here you will have to look it up if at all interested).
Penny is also a great cook and just knows flavours and spices that mix so well together. I would have been in seventh heaven eating all that Indian food.
There is no doubt that Penny is well educated. She is now studying for her nvq level three.
Penny is a private person but when you can get her talking it is fascinating what she has to say. For example the difference in up bringing and the family honour to do exceptionally well at all of the studies. My mum did well to just encourage me to attend school. That pressure was not on me, nor was it for my school friends.
Penny genuinely cares and looks after me with my best interests only at heart. I will normally go along with it all and only occasionally put my foot down, like the go to sleep now, no way England are playing football. She was obviously right though because I missed all of the second half.
The district nurses have to be on the ball when they come here because Penny will chase them with anything to do with my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment