Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas came early

My next door neighbour came and sang carols which was a real treat, all my favourites. Hot minced pies and brandy butter afterwards. Steve A dropped in earlier in the day, so glad he is feeling better, come on Julie buck up.
A real highlight was a visit by the chief constable, Mr Shaw. He told me what was going on in the force. We share a same passion for the series long way down and long way round and told him about my meeting with Charley Boorman. I'm so chuffed. Mr shaw asked if I would like to visit the new intake early next year. I'm bowled over and really looking forward to that opportunity. I must resist coming over as some old ex bobby from yesteryear. If I can impart a single pearl of wisdom to see them good through their career, then it'll be a good job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment