Monday 11 July 2011

NARPO

The National Association for Retired Police Officers. I am a member, although earlier than I had intended. Last year I went to the pensioner's garden party and had a wonderful time. I sat on a table with Mrs Brannan the retired force supplies seamstress and Dessie who had taken me out on attachment to the rural beats when I was a probationer at Redditch.
Maggie, the NARPO secretary has kindly posted details of my blog on the cheerful earful email that notifies us of the passing of colleagues, up and coming social events and employment opportunities. What is great, is that an ex colleague has made contact which brought back lots of fond memories, thanks Trevor.
Lesley came yesterday evening bearing lots of goodies but had left the car windows and sunroof open. Then the heavens opened...I an guessing she sat on a carrier bag today as the seat was very wet indeed. We watched Songs of Praise together, from Pershore Abbey. Lesley watched it as her friend Nel was there and we saw her a few times from all different angles.
Belinda bought me a sunflower the other which has now been potted up and thriving. It is like Kew gardens out there. Jo popping in to water the garden and I can return her ramekins, which did contain butter scotch and double whipped cream, but alas not for long, a real treat.
Alison popped in lunchtime and I was very pleased to see her, not least I needed a wee and she had ice cream with her(Penny was asleep after Ellie kept her up last night).
T popped in and she is BORED with being on restricted duties due to a knee injury sustained at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment