Sunday 3 July 2011

'Elf and Safety

Crash, bang whallop was my early morning wake up call at 6:27am. I called Penny as I could hear she was up. Apparently she knocked the fan off the bedside table. It made me jump out of my skin. I spent a penny and tried to go back to sleep. Penny complained of back ache yesterday and put some deep heat on it today. She thinks she has pulled a muscle on the right hand side of her lower back. I have suggested hoisting for the toilet or rolling me onto the bed pan so neither of us has to struggle.
Louise, the nurse, who is lovely and very gentle has tried the healan tape again today on my naughty PEG, having spoken to the rep. The healan tape sticks by itself and doesn't need a waterproof dressing. Penny is not allowed to apply any dressings and it needs to be changed at least every other day. So Penny will cut it to size and hand it to me to physically stick it on the granulation...'elf and Safety rules!
When I joined the Police we had a 'can do' attitude, but that was before we tied ourselves up in knots with Health and Safety legislation and became so risk adverse at one point. This is obviously my very own personal opinion and does not reflect the views of the police service in general. I'm sounding like a right dinosaur and like many before me who thought the job was better when they first joined.
On a much lighter note, two good friends I was expecting called in. We had been in email contact and I was told to keep my pecker up. I replied, I would but not entirely sure I had a pecker. Well today I can confirm I am now the owner of a pecker (thanks Mark).
It's available to view if you come round.
Jo came this afternoon and we watched the Tennis final together. Jo kindly did toileting, tea and watered the pots for me. Ready for an early night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment