Friday 19 August 2011

Ellie, No!

An early morning call from Ellie and then poor Sue was trying to enjoy that first cup of tea in the morning, early grey as it is known here, when Ellie went into full on play mode, claws and teeth. She is now outside basking in the sunshine. Seeing mum and dad today, we are having lunch together. Mum had made pureed apple from her own trees and recorded a film for me. What a glorious summers day really enjoyed myself.
In August 2008 Sue and I completed the race for life. I did it for my friend Sally who was taken quickly by cancer. At one point I was in sixth position, admittedly that was at the start line. I wasn't last, penultimate position. What I didn't know was one month later when diagnosed I was in my own race for life. In fairness I have done very well, next month will be three years from diagnosis and I have packed an awful lot in during those three years and I still have a book to write. Good night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment