Monday 15 August 2011

inhabitions

Funny, when I was at work, or at a service station or supermarket, if there was someone in the next cubicle in the toilets I couldn't go no matter how hard I concentrated. I don't think I was alone in that and would go some way to explain why the Ladies always have queues. I had a terrible time relaxing enough to use a bed pan in hospital, but now, there is no inhibition at all, very strange how the mind adapts to the circumstances. I might be sharing too much of my world but does lead me onto how hang ups I had before don't seem to worry me any more. I have not lost all inhibition! Just some of the more quirky ones we have.
Had a slow start to the day and was just washed and dressed in time for Pat to do her stretching. Wendy then came and we had a good old natter as per usual. She really is a very good egg.
Edith popped in in the afternoon. She talked about youngsters and respect for their elders. I wonder now what my nan thought of my level of respect for her. Edith sounds a lot like my nan, especially their sayings, e.g. 'look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves'. My nan had a saying for every eventuality, my favourite being, 'stone the crows, well I never' used at times of particular outstanding gossip.
Tomorrow night my mate Sue comes to stay. Wednesday I have a dental appointment for a check up. I am glad my mouth is back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment