Sunday 30 October 2011

Exclusive with Charley Boorman

What an absolute gent Charley Boorman, from the long way round and long way down series, is. How do I know this? Well I got to meet him before his live show in Worcester. The show itself would have been too late,too cold and too much, but my mate arranged for a private few minutes with him. On my iPad and proloquo speech programme I prepared in advance all the questions I wanted to ask him. I can't tell you how excited I was and Dee had a job on to get me to sleep and rest during the day. I had decided this was a good opportunity to wear my motorcycle jacket again. Dee thought it a bit strange but it felt surprisingly good(although I had forgotten how heavy it was). We arrived and Charley and Billy came through. I asked loads of questions. He was brilliant. Charley has a great sense of humour and said he would take me on his next adventure as a pillion given that I can't speak I would make a great pillion passenger, lol. Sue explained I get to see the world through other peoples experiences. Charley gave me a beautifully illustrated book of long way down and signed it for me. I love it.
Sue that was a top idea and thank you so much for making it happen. Thank you Charley and Billy for the time you gave and the best of luck on your next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment