Thursday 14 June 2012

Week three

Ok I have milked this for all it is worth. I am feeling loads better with a lot less grumbling in my tummy and I am now breaking wind. I had my first night of pump feed last night and so far so good and all is well. Just need to do one final thing to complete the circuit. I went to day hospice yesterday and sat outside in the sunshine for a bit of fresh air. I have a bath today and so long as the weather stays dry I will be doing a lap of the gardens. Dr been in and great news, I'm going home on Monday, just to make sure feed and meds are all doing ok and I won't be left over the weekend with minimal cover. I'm very pleased. In fact I can't express here my gratitude to all the drs, staff and volunteers at st Richards. I feel better now than I did weeks before I came in here. Perseverance and dedication has been astounding. Some real out of the box thinking, including a catheter up the bum which helped to clear the trapped gas. At the end of the day my bowels are going to be sluggish but it's important to not let it take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment