Friday 22 June 2012

Home, birthday and bottoms

Right, as many of you know I'm home from hospice. What an exceptional place that is. To go in for symptom control and receive the very best in care from all the staff is fantastic. I was very comfortable there there but was also very keen to get back home. I came home Monday. I saw dr Becky at hospice on Wednesday and I was at the hospital as a day case for a look up my bum and belly decompression today. Oh and yesterday it was my birthday. I had a lovely day having a picnic in my shed with Sue and Lesley. Josie came in the morning and Steve and julie popped over in the late afternoon. I had lovely cards, FB messages and presents. A card and luxury body cream from the nurses at st Richards, and a card indicating I am in fact the queen of thrones. Lesley got me a couple of jigsaws, sue and electric toothbrush, mum a nightie, edith, smellies, a tee shirt, I tunes cards, flowers and an orchid. I did very well and feel appropriately spoilt. So quite a full on week. The good news is that my belly is feeling loads better. Im going to have to stop seeing dr Hudson as he is going to think im stalking him otherwise, after two pegs and a trip to the dark side of the moon. Not to mention a very recent out patient appointment with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment